Fantasia and Hirschfeld

Georgios Balanikas M.D. gbalanik at med.auth.gr
Sat Mar 31 23:09:20 CEST 2001

 He is most closely associated with his
> carticatures of Broadway stars and other denizens of New York City.  That
is
> probably why his style was chosen as the basis for the RHAPSODY IN BLUE
> segment in FANTASIA 2000 (my favorite part of the film).

This part of the film is also my favorite and when I saw it, a year ago, I
was thinking then to post some thoughts about its artistic style and how
perfectly matched his art with Gershwin's music and New York's lifestyle.
(I have chosen to decorate my office with a number of his lithos,including a
rare one with a "medical" theme,and "Dr" George Burns as the central
figure.)

GEORGIOS

www.balanikas.eyemd.org