Barksisms

CarmenG@aol.com CarmenG at aol.com
Thu May 3 04:25:41 CEST 2001

Donald Markstein writes:

<< Aside from being an excellent artist and storyteller, Barks could really
turn a phrase. Who else uses stuff like that? >>

I've used his "Oh, my little stars & comets!" as an excalmation, but there's
something to be said for the simple "WAK!" as well. Actually, I've always
loved the Italian "UAK!" (or is it "uac"?) But I have a question: my wife & I
often use the term "unlax" instead of "relax" (as in "Why don't we sit on the
couch and unlax?"). I feel certain this comes from a Duck comic. Does anyone
remember this? I've always been curious about it. It sort of confused me as a
kid, but I liked it enough to pick it up.