Railroad shares / old castle / new ideas

Olaf Solstrand harryklein at hotmail.com
Fri May 4 13:22:41 CEST 2001

Hi! I've just been to www.duckburg.de , where I saw through some of the
schetches never used in Life of Scrooge (I'm still not sure whether it
should be Scrooge or $crooge...), and, while reading part 11, I remembered
one of the things that've always for me been a mystery: The railroad shares
which Scrooge hides from the McVipers and forgets about - did they ever
return in a Barks story? I guess they did... If not, why did D.R. put them
there?

Another story that I've never read is the old castle's secret or whatever
the title is... I've heard that Scotty, the one that I know from Life of
Scrooge part 9, is taking part in this story. Is this true? If so, what does
he do? Can anyone give me a quick summary of what HAPPENS in that story?

I have a feeling that one of the most boring things in the world must be to
finally finish a Disney story, a huge project you've been working on for
weeks, and then suddenly have nothing to do... I feel a bit that way now. I
wanna start on a new story, but I'm not sure what to write about... But I
have lots of wild ideas... Here are some of them. (I would like comments):

- Hortense McDuck has a lethal disease, Scrooge and the nephews go to
Scotland, they find out (from the JWGB) that a flower that grows in Ireland
can save her, they go there and get tricked by a leprecaun, but manages to
get back in time

- Blackheart Beagle gets his hands on the "hypnotize gun" which Scrooge used
to get Donald charge a very strong man for some money (the story where
Donald was hypnotized to be a gorilla) and manages to make it hypnotize
everybody, not just them with low will-power... or whatever the word is...
and he uses it in an attempt to finally get his revenge on Scrooge

- Scrooge and the nephews go to Oak Island, Donald finds a record store
where they sell "The screaming cowboy". He buys it and it turns out it has a
very special effect on the waves on the ocean...

- One of the nephews have a date with a beautiful duck girl (probably
Dewey)... this is just a small thought yet, I have no actually plot on what
will happen...

- Magica De Spell uses an old formula to put herself in Scrooge's place, and
it works - she gets to Scrooge's office to steal the Dime, but then she
discovers that by putting herself in Scrooge's place she's lost all her
magical powers and therefor cannot make herself a which again. Scrooge gets
magical powers, but he has no idea of how to use it. And everybody starts
calling Magica "aunt"... and Scrooge goes to Duckburg on a broomstick to get
his property back, but nobody wants to help him because they think he is an
evil magician... Could become an interesting story.

- THE CONTINUATION - the Duck twins - Dewey's grandchildren - are told about
the history of their family in Duckburg 2000-version, and this story tells
what happened to the ducks after Scrooge died, the boys went to college...
this would be a gigantic story and would mean as much for me as "life of
Scrooge" does for Don Rosa, I guess... but it definitely won't be the first
story I write now, I need to get a name first!

- Scrooge and the nephews go treasure hunting on the Faroe islands. I have
no clear plot here, but I'm going to the Faroe Islands this summer, so I
will get hundreds of opportunities to do research on such a story... and
that would probably make the tale better, if I managed to base it on my own
experiences...

NOW: Any ideas on what I should do? At least I have to start writing
SOMETHING... My life got incredibly boring when I no longer has "best of all
inventions" to work on!

Have a nice weekend!