Stars, comets and great howling crashwagons

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Sat May 5 06:54:18 CEST 2001

M. MITCHELL MARMEL to DON ROSA, 23-04-2001:

>> ["Oh my stars and little comets!"] I think that's my own personal
>> favorite, and one that Barks invented -- at least I've never seen or
>> heard it elsewhere. Another favorite is "Great howling crashwagons!"
>> I don't even know what a "crashwagon" is, but one that is great and
>> is howling sounds *really* scary!

> Aviation generic term for any airport vehicle (fire truck, ambulance,
> etc.) meant for dealing with what was once called a 'crash' but is
> now called an 'incident'.  However, 'Great howling incidentwagons'
> just doesn't have the same je ne sais quoi... :D

In which stories do the expressions "Oh my stars and little comets!"
and "Great howling crashwagons!" appear?

Is "Why don't you fade?" (good deeds, WDC 34, panel 1.4) an expression
invented by Barks?

BTW. This story's first page belongs to my favourite Barks scenes in the
category "rolling on the floor laughing out loud".

Best wishes,

--- Daniel