Re 518

Anders Christian Siveb¾k anders_sivebaek at nns.dk
Sun May 6 18:55:16 CEST 2001

>From: "Olaf Solstrand" <harryklein at hotmail.com>
>
>Hi! I've just been to www.duckburg.de , where I saw through some of the
>schetches never used in Life of Scrooge (I'm still not sure whether it
>should be Scrooge or $crooge...), and, while reading part 11, I
>remembered
>one of the things that've always for me been a mystery: The railroad
>shares
>which Scrooge hides from the McVipers and forgets about - did they ever
>return in a Barks story? I guess they did... If not, why did D.R. put
>them
>there?
It was not duckburg.de which you visitted, it was duckhunt.de ,
duckburg.de doesn't exist :-)
According to the S/Dollarsign question. Using the dollarsign and then
crooge is a great gag, used on covers of the magazine US. In the mag HDL
and Donald would normally call him Unca Scrooge, with an s, not a
dollarsign. I guess you have the same problem in Norway where the
pocketbook Onkel dollarsignkrue, would be written so on the cover. In
Denmark they once made Scrooges o, in J*o*akim be a coin or hs face.
In Italy the I in Zio (Uncle) would also show a dollarsign.

Anyway you're question about the railway was answered.

>Another story that I've never read is the old castle's secret or whatever
>the title is... I've heard that Scotty, the one that I know from Life of
>Scrooge part 9, is taking part in this story. Is this true? If so, what
>does
>he do? Can anyone give me a quick summary of what HAPPENS in that story?
It should be easy to find a copy of the Old cstle's secret - I can find a
danish one if you like.

>- Hortense McDuck
 idea.
As said, Disney/Egmont wouldn't accept it nless you cover something. But
it would make a great story. BTW I think Katie Quackfaster made a comic on
her page showing the sisters meating Scrooge again, plus Scrooge marrying
Goldie

>- Blackheart Beagle gets his hands on the "hypnotize gun" which Scrooge
>used
>to get Donald charge a very strong man for some money (the story where
>Donald was hypnotized to be a gorilla) and manages to make it hypnotize
>everybody, not just them with low will-power... or whatever the word
>is...
>and he uses it in an attempt to finally get his revenge on Scrooge
Great idea, but I wouldn't like old SCroogie to be kilt or something.

>- Scrooge and the nephews go to Oak Island, Donald finds a record store
>where they sell "The screaming cowboy". He buys it and it turns out it
>has a
>very special effect on the waves on the ocean...
This Oak Island have confused me. I don't hink I will be able to look it
up in a danish encyclopedia, could one of you danes here help me?

>- Magica De Spell
I'm not sure I understand that idea, but it sure sounds interesting. Would
Magica look like herself or Scrooge? Why would they call her aunt?

>- THE CONTINUATION -
I look forward to it, but it might become your last story, meaning they
might not want it.

>- Scrooge and the nephews go treasure hunting on the Faroe islands. I
>have
>no clear plot here, but I'm going to the Faroe Islands this summer, so I
>will get hundreds of opportunities to do research on such a story... and
>that would probably make the tale better, if I managed to base it on my
>own
>experiences...
Good idea, research is always great. I look fowardto that story both
because Faroe Islands in unfairly a part of our kingdom, and I go to
teacher's college with one from the islands.

Daniel

>Barks' synopsis-only "Hang Gliders Be Hanged!" (D 6886) refers to
>"Mount Demontooth" and "Black Forest of Duckburg".
Interesting info, thanks Daniel.

Daniel, in another mail.

>Maybe we're all just *dreaming* that we live on Earth, while in fact
>we're living somewhere else instead? :-)
Interesting philosophy. In a Goofy story I just read, by Stefan Petrucha,
Goofy thouyght about the same. He was very unhappy when he got the thought
that Mickey might also be a product of virtual reliaty. Some aliens might
be fooling him to think that our world is real...

Seeya!

Hilsen/Yours
Anders Christian Sivebæk
Donaldist