DCML digest, Vol 1 #523 - 11 msgs

Mike Pohjola mikep at iki.fi
Tue May 8 22:24:26 CEST 2001

SIR PINKY:
> A margarine factory? I don't get it. Barks' "skunk oil" factory sounds
> funny... like, why would anyone want skunk oil?! But to American ears
> "margarine factory" isn't the least bit funny.

You're right, it isn't particularly funny. I guess they just wanted to
think of a factory that was as boring as possible, which makes it kinda
funnyish that Donald has to work there.

I seem to remember they've talked about the margarine factory at least
since the eighties, possibly longer.

What is skunk oil, anyway? Is it just someting Barks made up, or do you
actually have something like that in US?

Mike Pohjola
mikep at iki.fi            +358-50-5238399            http://www.iki.fi/mikep