Scrooge being dead or alive

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Wed May 9 17:48:10 CEST 2001

OLIVIER to me, 27-04-2001:

>> Again, it just depends on what one decides to believe. For me,
>> personally, Uncle Scrooge is still alive today.

> I never really thought about it. Don Rosa's "real-life" approach is fine.
> But somehow I rather not think about the Duck's (or the Mouse's) death.
> Sure, they risk trheir lives in many adventures. But thinking that
> Scrooge is dead-- or that HDL have grown up and married...
> It's probably due to some kind of  sentimental attachment to the
> characters as we know them-- or some problem with the notion of  death?

For me it's for sentimental reasons and for the lack of freedom the
ducks (or any other character) will have when being stuck in a certain
year in history.

I like reading stories with an intended 'classic' look, but I also like
stories which reflect the world of today. So, that's why I prefer looking
at the comics as being "timeless".

Best wishes,

--- Daniel