skunk oil

timo ronkainen timoro at hotmail.com
Thu May 10 08:06:41 CEST 2001

> > A margarine factory? I don't get it. Barks' "skunk oil" factory sounds
> > funny... You're right, it isn't particularly funny. I guess they just
>wanted to
>think of a factory that was as boring as possible,

Maybe the danish translator, Sonia Rindom perhaps (?), was thinking that as
there is no such thing as skunk oil, it should be changed. (?) And that
translation came to other Skandinavian Disney-books too. She changed the
Screaming Cowboy to Crying Sailor also.. And that change was seen in all
Skandinavian weeklies. Easy to see that they were translated from danish
then..

Timo

^^''*''^^
Cartoonist - writer - donaldist -