DCML digest, Vol 1 #529: Question on Duck paintings (with the style of Breughel, etc.)

Pascal Oost poost at wanadoo.nl
Mon May 14 09:29:43 CEST 2001

Op 12-05-2001 12:01 schreef dcml-request at stp.ling.uu.se
<dcml-request at stp.ling.uu.se>:

> From: "Daniel van Eijmeren" <dve at kabelfoon.nl>
> Subject: Question on Duck paintings (with the style of Breughel, etc.)
>
> In private email someone asked me about the (non-Barks) Duck paintings
> which have the style of Breughel and Whistler, etc.

A lot of these were made by Harry Balm, when he worked for the dutch Donald
Duck weekly. He did Duck-versions of famous paintings (like Rembrandts
Nachtwacht), historical portraits and classic books.
I haven't seen examples of them on the internet, but they are mentioned on
the INDUCKS-page.

<http://stp.ling.uu.se/cgi-bin/starback/dcml/fs?creator=Hba>
<http://www.lambiek.net/balm.htm>