Re#533 many people

Anders Christian Sivebaek acsive at yahoo.com
Tue May 15 23:40:23 CEST 2001

STEFAN, our genius.
> And... hey, now I know the answer of another
> question! I know who painted
> Whistler's "Mother"!
> It was Whistler!
Oh... maybe that was too logic to be thought...

> I also know the shape of a round coin, how many
> states in the 48 states,
> and how many tails a dog has!
> Do I get a prize?
Yes, a 3-weeled bike or a barrel of money, and now,
don't choose the bike and drive around with no head.
(I at least catch a reference to one or another
quiz-Barks-story here, maybe WDC 99)

FRANCOIS

> Recently, with "Michel Souris", Hachette started to
> print new stories in
> Mickey-Parade for the first time ever.
Would it be possible to make some scans of this
charecter - and I hope he'll be seen in Denmark,
sounds interesting.

> But they also cut the production in "P'tit Loup" to
> only one page, replacing
> it with good but non-Disney comics.
Oh (I know the mag. thanks to yourself). That's too
bad. the one I have from you has a story with 4 pages.
already it wasn't fair calling a magazine something
because of a 4 page story IMO, but now only one page.
What do they think they're doing... :-)

HJC.Kunne at net.HCC.nl,
> > And Egmont still presents a lot of the new French
> material in its monthly
> extra.
> I suppose you mean "bi-monthly?"

What do you mean Henri?
Egmont's monthly extra is monthly.
It usually has one or two french Mickey-stories and
then 2 or 3 reprints from the late 80'es or early
90'es, by Vicar or Branca (Great stories, that I read
before, made available to new readers - I convenced
myself to think positive...)
A few issues ago there was also a dutch story in the
extra, made by danish, brilliant artist Freddy Milton.

I was told what the expression i wrote means - I'm not
sure I should tell it to those here who don't know.
Oh my, what one can say without knowing...

I just wrote it as it was.

Simo Malinen <malines at iobox.fi>
Thanks for showing all those great stories from
Denmark.
As a dane I should know that the stories are good, I
just have to find time to read them.
Vicar, eg. is a brilliant atist, but considered by
many(maybe sometimes myself) to be to mainstream, the
usual style.
Keep in mind that also stories by Don and the van
Horns are egmonts. Marco Rota too, and recently the
italian maestro Scarpa! You can't leave these ones out
when you look at danish stories.
Then Holland has Heymans, Jippes and Milton, and I
regret big time that I'm not very good at readin
ducth, cause I would get a subscription if I could
read all those stories by Milton, and the barks-script
made into something better than what Strobl and others
could.
BTW I leave out the Mickey Mouse. Since at least 1998
the stories with him have been so great in Denmark.
With authors like Sarah Kinney, the MacGreals and
artists like Petrucha, Ferioli and Rodriques, we're
very lucky. I don't envy the dutch in that case.

DAN
> I'd like to extend this request to the corresponding
> issue in Danish.  Don
> informs me he can get me copies of the Finnish and
> Norwegian versions.
If some dane insists on getting you the issue (due out
on wednesday), he's welcome. If not, I'll buy 18
issues instead of the 17 I already ordered. (Gosh)...

Gilles
Interesting about the future-term.

There's some stories there that would be fun to see.
I also remember one, but it was just about a camera
that could take pictures of the future. (Dutch)

AC

=====
Anders Christian Sivebaek
acsive at yahoo.com