" English-Language Discomics "

WL Lilly liljerryandtheyadayadakiddz at yahoo.com
Thu May 17 03:24:09 CEST 2001

...Aside from the " deluxe Italian/English printings
of the same story " and Indian comics , ARE there
english-language Disneys being printed - not just "
produced " , which could be interpreted as " first
WRITTEN in English " - anywhere ? I thought , back at
Yahoo!'s Barks/Rosa Club , someone said France
produced an English-language Disney comic ?
  Frankly , what's wrong with the British/Irish and
Australia/New Zealand markets that they can't support
Disney comics ? As an American , I'm familiar enough
with the problems in the U.S./Canadian market , but ,
as for the rest of the English-speaking " First World/
Industrial West " , what is the problem ?
  Actually , do these Indian Disney comics get sent to
other English ( even just
 as a second language )-speaking/British Commonwealth
countries , such as are
in Asia , Africa , and the West Indies ?
  And , in fact , IS there any likelihood that
Gladstone/Russ Cochran will reach a deal with Disney
to start U.S. Disneys up again ( " Regular " comic
books ,
I mean , not those ultra-expensive adult
collector-oriented b&w albums that
they DO still offer ! ) , which that Yahoo! club also
said , which helped arouse my interest to come here ,
in the first place , I might say ?????????