re Pertwillaby Papers & Captain Kentucky hc books

Nils Lid Hjort nils at math.uio.no
Fri May 25 14:43:47 CEST 2001

I'm skimming through the last weeks of DCML digests,
and discover

<<As for the Norwegian "Pertwillaby" book, I really
would like to own a copy, but, again, I really can't
afford to spend $298.00 for it. I cringed when I heard
someone on the, since having the book, threw out his
old photocopies. I would've gladly paid for them.>>

in F.A. Elliott's (otherwise) enlightening message.
Yes, $298 per book is a sum worthy of a good amount
of cringing on anyone's salary. However, the price
per book is Norwegian Kroner 298, or about USD 30.
Check
	www.gazette.no/donrosa/index.htm

Apparently, there will be a story on the publication
of these "world editions" in the internet magazine
"Suite 101", where their comics editor is in touch
with me (qua editor of the two books & host for Don R
during the launch week in Oslo some two months ago).
I'll give more information about this later.

There will also be a story about the publication
of these books in the Norwegian comics journal/forum
"Tegn", which has gone netty (and is ceasing to exist
in cellulose form, right?): www.tegn.no . I understand
there will be an interview with Christopher Hjort at the
Gazette firm about the process leading to the publication
of the two world-wide Don Rosa books in the city of Oslo,
Norway. Christopher Hjort is otherwise very slightly
world famous in the appropriate fan segments thanks to
http://www.rocknrollresearchpress.com/jeffsbook.html .

Nils Lid Hjort