Dams in New Zealand

Shaun Craill scraill at methven.net
Wed May 30 08:30:04 CEST 2001

	----- LAST SLED TO DAWSON -----
	In the story "Last sled to Dawson", Scrooge says "This reminds me of
the
	time I was controlling dams in New Zealand". Is this a Barks
referance, or
could that be a story yet-to-be-written?

When I asked Don in 1993 he said that it wasn't a Barks reference.  I
certainly hope it's a story still to be written!  I have submitted a few
story ideas to Egmont set in New Zealand, but none have been accepted as
yet.  None of my ideas have used the dam connection.  I'm working on another
NZ based story idea right now, but this doesn't use the dam setting either.

Does the version you have say "controlling" dams?  The English version (from
memory) says "surveying" for dam sites which is a bit different.

Best regards
Shaun Craill