Cover Captions

JTorci3511@aol.com JTorci3511 at aol.com
Thu May 31 12:53:08 CEST 2001

Thanks to Rob Klien for his additional comments on Chase Craig, the Don Ault
interview, and the Gold Key cover captions.

Rob Writes:

<< "Regarding Joe Torcivia's comments on the comic book cover notes announcing
 Barks' stories inside: I tend to agree more with W.L. Lilly, that lines such
as "It's Spooky, it's Kooky" sound much more like Western's editors than Carl
Barks. >>

You could certainly be correct, Rob.  As I wrote earlier, so much of this
knowledge will simply die with men like Mr. Barks and Mr. Craig.

BUT, when we consider whether or not Barks may have contributed "It's Spooky,
it's Kooky", I think we ought to remember that this would have been the Barks
of "Interplanetary Postman", "The Great Wig Mystery", "The Heedless
Horseman", and "Hall of the Mermaid Queen" --- and NOT the Barks of "Old
California", "Ancient Persia", "Only a Poor Old Man", and "Back to the
Klondike"!

The Barks who produced the first grouping of stories I site, could very well
have dashed off "It's Spooky, it's Kooky", wouldn't you say?

Joe Torcivia.