R: R: Disney artists appearing in their own stories

Luca Faccioli fasu7 at libero.it
Thu Nov 1 02:19:32 CET 2001

 > > In the 2nd part of Don Rosa's new story (D 2001-024; Farbror Joakim:
> > > Korsfararkungarnas krona) there's a guy looking like the creator
himself,
> > > see http://www.geocities.com/disneycreatorsappearinginstories/dr.jpg
for a
> > > scan of a panel where he appears. This made me think of what other
stories
> > > there are where Disney creators appear in their own stories. I thought
> > about
> > > Vicar's "The Cartoonist" (D 97258) (scanned panel available at
> > > http://www.geocities.com/disneycreatorsappearinginstories/vr.jpg) and
> > > "Barks' Dog Food" in "Turkey Trouble" (WDC 75). Are there more similar
> > cases
> > > where the creators themselves appear in any way or another?
> > >

> > > Stefan

 In my first story written for Disney Italia, (I-2118-5, "Paperino e le
carte
 vincenti" )  the good artist Francesco Guerrini did some "funny portrait"
of our two (but he didn' t say anything to me since the story was published
 ...) at the bottom of the first page and in the second picture of pag. 9 .
 In both of the pictures we are playing cards with DD, I'm the tall boy with
short hairs and Francesco is the raven with black moustache and beard ...

Ciao,

Luca Faccioli, Bologna, Italy