DCML digest, Vol 1 #719 - 12 msgs

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Fri Nov 2 12:49:52 CET 2001

GILLES:

> I loved the story the Beagle Boys vs the Money Bin, published this month in
> Picsou Magazine!!!

Can you tell us the issue number? We get Picsou Magazine with several
months' delay over here, so I'll have to keep the number in mind, if I
don't want to miss that issue.

DIM:

>   Gilles if you want to have some information on the Beagle Boys you have
> better contact Kriton Kyrimis who seems to have an interest on them.In Komix
> 130

I guess you are referring to my letter to Komix, where I had sent them
the information I had sent to the list in August 13, 1998. That posting
does not seem to be archived, but you can read an article based on it
at http://www.seriesam.com/barks/text_s_40beagleboys.html

What I'd done was leaf through the Carl Barks library, jotting down
every new number that I encountered.

> That is 41 Beagles.

40...

>   Kriton theorised there are at least 1001 Beagles

...which combined with the alternative of 1001, provides an allusion to
the (1001) Arabian Nights, with Ali baba and the 40 thieves!

>    This is not that simple.Many stories,mainly American and
> Italian,proceeded to inform

As with Don's stories, only numbers made up by Barks count in this game.

> Current stories have said they are international,having brunches in

I wonder if they serve prunes in those brunches. (Sorry, but I couldn't
resist!) :-)

	Kriton	(e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
	      	(WWW:    http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis)
-----
"The important systems are functioning.  Oxygen, power and the laws of
 physics are still in evidence.  Mostly."
-----