DCML digest #722

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Sun Nov 4 03:08:31 CET 2001

From: Goofy313g at aol.com
re: PICSOU
>>>in the issue 351, april 2001, that another was "Lo$10b", published in=20
picsou#349 from february, that another "should" be a story about the bboys
and the mbin, as DonRosa worked on a tribute to Barks with several drawers
in
Germany.

I did?!?! That's news to me! I do all my work solo (except the Bin plans
which were computer-drawn by Dan Shane).

I saw that in all of Barks and Worden's family trees, she was called
Thelma,
that her first used name was Dumbella...

I'm surprised that no one has beat me to this answer!
Thelma was Barks' name for Donald's sister. The stupid "Dumbella" was the
name used in Disney's cartoon that was the first animated use of the
Nephews. But the FIRST appearance of the trio was in Osbourne &
Taliaferro's newspaper strip, and there her name was given as DELLA. I had
no trouble deciding to use that one. And "Dumbella" might be the mean name
that Donald taunted her with, as brothers do to sisters. (I couldn't tease
my sister because she was 11 years older than me, hit harder and had
ranking control of all the comic books in the household.)