Paperinika

Armando Botto armando.botto at libero.it
Thu Nov 8 23:15:14 CET 2001

Dim wrote:
> The first story with this version of Daisy in the Inducks is "Paperinika e
il filo di Arriana"(I TL 906-C).If this story presents her origin could
anyone explain it to me.How is she related to Paperinik and his own origin?

Spoiler alert!

In that story, Scrooge summons Donald to the Bin, because he needs him for
"an important matter". Daisy goes with Donald, and Scrooge starts insulting
her (and women in general): "We must discuss *serious* things! Between
*men*! Women chatter too much! They've got a chicken's brain! They're
inferior beings!"

[Don't be surprised... the story came out in 1973, during the worst period
for Italian scripts. And Guido Martina - who had never been an example of
Politically Correct ;-) - had been declining for a long time already...]

Back to the point: Daisy seeks revenge, and asks the help of Miss Genialina
Edy Son, President of the Women's Rights Association, who has the hobby of
inventions (she's been a pupil of Gyro). Genialina provides Daisy with a few
Paperinik-like gadgets, and Paperinika is born.

Ciao,
Armando