Disney copyrights

Thierry Fernand favio31 at caramail.com
Sat Nov 10 19:38:44 CET 2001

Olaf wrote:

<<
As you may recall, I have a Duckburg homepage in Norwegian. Now, I wonder
what I have to do so that I can HAVE the page there without breaking the
law.

Facts about the site:
- I have TONS of pictures of Disney characters on it
- ALL the pages are marked "All pictures and images of Disney characters on
these pages are copyright © The Walt Disney Company." However, I have NOT
been in contact with the Walt Disney Company or anyone else.
- I do not, in ANY way, earn money on the site. (that includes *no*
banners.)

If someone connected to WDC - or the police - finds this page, will they
force me into removing it? What can I do to make the site legal?

I know that this list contains very many webmasters from other Disney Comics
homepages. Therefor, I hope someone out there can give me an answer before
I'm thrown in jail.

Being the author of different web sites on Disney comics, I'll answer your question with pleasure.

Fact is, that distributing Disney comics online is illegal. You should be careful to NOT
do that. If you just put a few images on the web, this is different.
Now this is only my opinion, but I can hardly imagine a suit filled against you because of a few images,
especially since so many fans do the same.

But be careful not to post full stories as it's illegal.

NEW!
I posted the entire "Recalled Wreck" (by Don Rosa) on Yahoo's Barks and Rosa comic forum.
Go to:
http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/duckcomicsofbarksandrosa

 Favio