the Crusaders story by Rosa

Nils Lid Hjort nils at math.uio.no
Sun Nov 11 18:56:08 CET 2001

Since today is 111101 [if not 11111 or 11/11/1, which
I would prefer, actually, on the grounds that there is
no need to throw the extra zero into this all the time;
although we grew used to saying "I studied in '68",
"he was born in '75", "she won two gold in '98", and so
on, we are still at the very start of a brand new beautiful
century and millennium, and we have all learned to count,
right?, so there's no real need to say "I look forward
to '02", ask "but what about the olympics in '06?", and so on],
and since there is a long time to the next digital date,
I feel I should utter something to the list on this date.
Here it comes:

I was very much impressed by Don Rosa's latest Duck story
(over the last three issues in the Scandinavian countries),
with the Crown of the Crusader Kings.

Nils Lid Hjort