DCML digest, Vol 1 #732 - 5 msgs

Sue and Gary Leach bangfish at cableone.net
Sun Nov 11 19:25:51 CET 2001

Olivier:

> What has become of  Scrooge's dime? It still exists.
> Was it left in his bin or in his house and nobody knows the special value it
> has? (Rosebud, you
> know)
> Or did Scrooge ask to have it buried with him? (I would think so)
> In any case, there is a chance of  finding it (a more gruesome way in the
> second hypothesis, but
> still) and make the amulet.

Even if, in this intriguing scenario, Scrooge's first dime existed, why
would Magica bother with it? What special value would it have, with Scrooge
long dead and his wealth "redistributed"? And why is it necessary to suppose
that only Scrooge's first dime could have any potential of the sort Magica
sought? She'd certainly see a talisman meaningful to Glomgold or Rockerduck
as just as potent, and would doubtless wind up scrapping with both of them.
In fact, she'd likely wind up compelling Glomgold and Rockerduck to join
forces to combat.

Gary