References.

Dim I Nticoudis dimadick at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 13 22:14:55 CET 2001

  Olivier mentioned I was making a list of references of death in Disney
comics.I actualy pointed out six stories that I believe are among Barks
best,they use references of death and some occasional influence from films
but the creator was forced to tone down his original ideas due to
censorship.
  In the first story Olivier mentioned,Dangerous Disguise,Barks got away
with a character suiciding,another thrown from a bridge and six others are
killed while shouting on each other.I don't think this story was censored.I
would like to see more of this in Barks stories if it  could fit in the
plot.I do not enjoy random death in a story but the spy game is not a
laughing matter in Bark's stories.
  The second story,House of Haunts,has no actual death in it.I did enjoy
Scrooge's belief he was a ghost/a spirit and that he died fighting the
Beagles,taking Donald with him.Seems that Scrooge believes that if he is
going to die he might as well go down fighting.Nice point about the way
Scrooge thinks.The ideas that were censored for this story had nothing to do
with death.Instead of the Prison-school that was in the story's printed
version Barks was going to explain that the Beagle Boys are influenced by
more experienced criminals while in prison.Nice critisizing of the system by
Mr.Barks.He probably had much more in his mind than funny jokes.Too bad he
couldn't express himself freely.