Finnish Carl Barks Seminar

Petri Kanninen pkannine at cc.hut.fi
Sun Nov 18 17:44:05 CET 2001

ARI:
>Donald Ault (yippee, we had Donald Ault) talked... a lot actually. One of
>his main themes was the diversity of the possibilities to understand the
>Barks series (he used the first dime as an example). He also had a quite

I must say that Don Ault was really good. I've always thought that he,
as a professor and after examining Barks stories to such lengths, would
have an academic relationship with them. But while he talked about the
stories and what happened in them, you could see he got more excited all
the time and finally his face literally shone with enthusiasm. It was very
nice to listen to such a great analysis from a person who thinks the
subject is something else than one research subject among others.
I have to agree Ari with the statement "We want more and lots of it!". Too
bad they couldn't arrange the seminar so that Don Rosa could have come
there too. That would have been something like a paradise.

--
Petri Kanninen (pkannine at cc.hut.fi)
Aku Ankan taskukirja -tietokanta: http:/www.perunamaa.net/taskarit/

"Elokuvataiteen kannalta Van Damme on ollut merkittävimmillään
Replicant-elokuvan loppuhuipennuksessa, jossa hän potki ja
pieksi perusteellisesti itseään." -Mikko Vienonen, IS 13.10.2001