Uncle Scrooge mention on tv

Gary Pantzer gpantzer at ny.tds.net
Sat Nov 24 15:32:12 CET 2001

OK, so this is maybe off-subject. It is rare in the USA that there is ever
a mention of the ducks in the media so I found this worth sharing. We have
a tv show called "JAG" which is about military lawyers. In the last episode
one character ("Harm") wants another ("Bud") to look up an e-mail address
of  Beagleboy38 at china.net.  Harm knows his phone call is being 'bugged'.
The following is not exactly the dialog, but close:
Harm:  Bud, I need a favor. Do you remember Uncle Scrooge?
Bud: I know my ducks, sir.
Harm: Good. He had a large money bin and there were some 'bad boys'
          who always tried to break into it. You know who I mean?
Bud: Yes. Are we talking in code? Cool!
Harm: Yes. Use the name of one of the 'bad boys' and your age plus 3...

There is more, but that was the 'duck' part. They show the people who
are listening (Chinese) kind of scratching their heads in confusion. I had
to wonder how many viewers were doing the same. I almost think that
there was a duck reference on this show once before. Maybe one of
the writers is a duck fan.
Gary