kyrimis at cti.gr
Mon Oct 1 07:16:02 CEST 2001
Here's what's in this month's issue of Komix:
* Cover by an unknown artist. I have put a scan in
* Two pages of letters. One interesting letter points out how the fake
magazine ("Zartoon"), that a happy business class passenger is reading
in an Alitalia ad, looks suspiciously like Komix. The Komix people
appear to be flattered. As for myself, I am quite appalled, as the ad
is in English, even though it is supposed to have appeared in Greek
magazines. The only Greek in the ad is on the front page of "Zartoon".
I have put a scan of the ad, as it was shown in the letters pages in
* Three pages with "the news of Komix".
* Don's "The Dutchman's Secret".
* A three-page article titled "Legends and Treasures in the Wild West",
subtitled "Don Rosa talks about the Dutchman's secret".
* A two-page article titled "A Duck in the Lairs of Moebius", subtitled
"Don Rosa talks to Komix: from Barks to Blueberry".
* Carl Barks' "Smoke Writer in the Sky", from WDC&S #194.
* A three-page article titled "Designing the Euro", subtitled "the
exciting story behind the cold face of a coin". (This is part of the
publisher's participation in the Euro information campaign.)
* The same two pages of Harry potter trading card ads as in last month's
issue, with one of the pages masquerading as an article.
* The third installment of Sergio Aragones and Mark Evanier's Space
Kriton (e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
"If you can help anybody, like preventing them from being eaten by a monster,
then do so--they might be grateful."
More information about the DCML