Old & new pools

Paolo Castagno p.castagno at libero.it
Tue Oct 9 12:10:21 CEST 2001

Halsten Aastebol wrote:

> >Paperino Paperotto (173)..........21%

> Who is Paperino Paperotto?

A "new" character, created in Italy. He is the young Donald Duck, living in
Grandma's farm.

Some of the stories are funny, and he pays an heavy tribute to Watterson's
Calvin & Hobbes: when Donald's alarm clock rings, the "young version" of
Billy Goat runs in Donald's room and hits him, similary when Calvin is back
from school and Hobbes jumps on him.

When Donald starts to dream about a fantastic situation (being a pirate) he
mixes up fantastic and real situations, like Calvin being Spaceman Spiff.

BTW, also if I like Paperino Paperotto stories, I like a lot more the
Calvin & Hobbes ones! If you're curious about the Watterson works, take a
look at

  http://www.calvinandhobbes.com   (official, with ads and buy-on-line)
  http://www.reemst.com/calvin_and_hobbes/ (amatorial, reccomended!!!)

Ciao,

  - Paolo

http://digilander.iol.it/inducks  mailto:p.castagno at libero.it

Ehi! C'e' un errore di stampa! Che vorra' dire "rhafare l'anello W"?
(Gambadilegno in I TL  206-A)