Barks and magic

Santiago Garcia Banhos sgarcia at external.uf-isf.es
Thu Oct 18 12:47:25 CEST 2001

Oyvind J. Karstad:
> >Any story with real supernatural-facts which I forget?
>
> What about the zombie in Voodoo Hoodoo?

That is the question! Professor Cornelius McCobb says "Don't let that zombie
fool you! He's not dead! Zombies are merely pepople DRUGGED by witch
doctors." This is the point in the story when the supernatural image of
zombies drops off by a scientifical-looking explanation. I figure that Barks
(or Disney?) was trying to make younger readers not be scared by
supernatural beings, and so he helped us to grow up a little.