Kriton's problems RE: DCML digest, Vol 1 #658 - 11 msgs

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Mon Sep 10 10:55:18 CEST 2001

Kriton:

> > >When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> The advice at the top of the digests is sound, but it's rather hard
> to follow if one is replying to more than one of the messages in a
> digest.

If you don't want to sum up your subjects on 1 subject line, I think it's
preferrable to put replies to different subjects into different messages.

> In such cases, saying that one is replying to that particular
> digest is actually the most descriptive subject line one can use, even
> if it is not very informative. :(

Especially to non-digest readers (like me) it says nothing at all.
Anyway, it's not a very big issue to me. Don Rosa, for instance, has been
doing it since 1994 (though with him you can usually guess the subjects 8-).

> "I think I'll take this opportunity to remove my ears."

Vincent van Gogh? Mr. Spock in the dressing room?

--Harry.