Xanadu/TrallaLa

Olivier mouse-ducks at wanadoo.fr
Mon Sep 10 12:01:37 CEST 2001

Kriton:
> > First, Coleridge's text:
> > http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/stc/Coleridge/poems/Kubla_Khan.html
> Being Greek, I can't help wanting to point out the Greek pun on
> Coleridge's initials that they make in these pages!

The Greek word at the top spells S.T.C. phonetically
(but instead of  an English "ci" it's a Greek/French "ce").
I tried the Greek-to-English translator at
http://www.kypros.org/cgi-bin/lexicon
but it answered me in Greek! (Go figure...)
So what's it mean? (Please)

Olivier

> > * * * * * * *    SPOILER re Don Rosa's story  * * * * * * *
> It's been some time since I last read this story, but wasn't it the
> other way round?
Hum...
Well, X is something that is already known.
Then comes the discovery of  T.
And then they realize that T=X.
Hence, "T turns out to be X".