World of today

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Thu Sep 13 18:26:08 CEST 2001

Dear everyone,

I also want to express my concern and grief about what is happening in
the world since last Tuesday. I am deeply shocked by what I have seen
on television and (how can I hide it?) very scared of the future as it
looks today.

My heart, tears and thoughts are with the victims, their friends
and family.

I don't think that anyone here should think of being "off-topic"
when talking about this horrible situation. We are not just a few
comic book collectors, we are people. And I think that we now need
each other more as *people* than as comic book fellows.

This is more than any sensible person can bear. We cannot prohibit
each other to talk about it freely, just to have a nice discussion
of about ducks and mice. Looking at the emails so far, there isn't
much interest in that anyway. I think it's top priority that we
keep in *contact* with each other. Being concerned about each other
and about the world is IN-TOPIC. Everything else is inferior.

At this moment, I can't read a duck comic, even if I would be
forced to do it.

Love and hope to all of you,

--- Daniel