McDonald's figurines

Crocker, John John.Crocker at dvn.com
Mon Apr 1 20:59:59 CEST 2002

Hey all,

This isn't very important, but wanted to clarify that there are actually five, not three, Mickey Mouse McDonald's figurines:
Steamboat Willie
Band Concert
Sorceror's Apprentice
Brave Little Tailor
and then just a regular ol' Mickey Mouse.

Also,
it has been about three or four weeks since this discussion was brought up (you can tell I had gotten behind on reading), but I wanted to comment on the talks about Disney sequels.  I agree in some ways with those of you who despise these sequels, it seems in some ways to take away from the originals, but then I realized that I believe Disney is not trying to really mess with or tamper with the "original" movies (those which constitute the 40 features), but nevertheless are finding away via straight-to-video to get new stories out to kids who love to watch movies.  I am not yet a parent, but I would think many parents would enjoy the fact that their children now have more stories involving their favorite characters.

Once again, as a teeny-bit of a purist, I twinge at some of these sequels, but appreciate that by selling them simply straight-to-video they are not trying to treat these sequels as equals to the originals.

One more thing....I don't think I like Carl Barks works very much (kinda stinky)
.
.
.
.