Rosa books/albums

Oyvind J. Karstad oyvind at karstad.no
Thu Aug 1 11:52:02 CEST 2002

Per Martinson wrote:
>Maybe I was a bit too hard, but the point is,
>I dont think Don Rosa makes great comics,
>and I think that his work is most appreciated
>in donaldist circles.

I would say you're totally wrong.
My impression is that a lot of people,
who otherwise would think Donald Duck is just a children-comic,
have read some Don Rosa-stories, and think they are excellent.
An example, based (more or less) on a true story:
At high school i could sit in lunch break reading Donald.
Then somebody would ask: "Are you reading *Donald Duck*?"
And I would respond: "It's a Don Rosa-story. Have you heard of him?"
Then the response would either be "Err... I'm not sure",
or *very* probably "Don Rosa? He's great! Can I read that after you?" :-)
This is the reason that Egmont puts Don Rosa's name
on the cover when they print one of his stories,
because a lot of people will buy the comic only to read that story.

Øyvind