Rosa books/albums

Oyvind J. Karstad oyvind at karstad.no
Sun Aug 4 00:31:22 CEST 2002

Ari Seppi wrote:
>Yes, some people are too fanatic, either in loving or in hating Don
>and his work. (Sometimes they can even be funny as readers of
>a Finnish comics newsgroup know, but that is beside the point.)
>I didn't take Øyvind for one, I assumed that his sigh was about
>the fight that might start once again and not about Per's opinions.

Yes, that was also one reason I responded like that.
The very few instances of flame wars in this group,
have come after posts like that.
And I don't say that it have (only) been the original posters' faults.

Per Martinson wrote:
>The space I meant wasn't in first place the space
>in the magazines, but outside them, for example the possibilities
>to to be published in books and albums.

In Norway at least, there have been published several albums/
large comic books, reprinting stories from the 70's/80's.
The Italian stories are reprinted in extra large pocket books.
Barks, Marco Rota and others have had their own albums,
published as part of the "Best stories from Donald Duck & co."-series.
The only "Rosa-only" publication we have seen here is the Lo$-book.
I don't know anything about "possibilities" for Egmont to publish Rosa-albums
(though I certainly hope they will get to it sometimes).
Maybe you got some information that I'm not aware of?

>>Then, apparently they have determined that sales go up
>>with Barks or Rosa mentioned on the cover....
>Probalby you are right, but does it mean
>they cannot mention anyone other?

I agree with you here, though it would be ridiculous
to mention every new Vicar or Branca story on the cover.
I think Marco Rota has been mentioned a couple of times.
Which artists/authors would you suggest should get this honour?

BTW, one of the reasons that Don Rosa is mentioned on the cover all the time,
is probably that his stories are so few and far between.

Something else, while I remember:
Olaf Solstrand: When will your first story be published?

Øyvind