Expanding style in Disney Comics!

Fernando Ventura fernandopventura at uol.com.br
Sun Aug 25 22:33:50 CEST 2002

Hello my friends!

As everybody around here knows I'm having contac with Mr Renato Canini and
getting lot's of info from his 70's Disney stories.

His style isn't close to the tradicional Disney style, as Cavazzano wasn't,
as Barks wasn't and as many, many others aren't conected with the
tradicional way to do an Disney figure at the time they've made. Al this
artists, helped to EXPAND the Disney style of drawing and helped to
stabilish new GRAPHIC frontiers to Disney comics and to Disney in general.

It's not important if Disney didn't permited Canini to continues his drawing
in Disney Comics...'cause after SIX YEARS publishing into an OFFICIAL Disney
comic book (and still with republishing of his work), Canini presented an
graphic expansion to the Disney style that I just saw on Cavazzano and on
recent times, when they go behind famous cartunists to helped then to
develop new designs for his movies, as Hercules, the Genie in Aladdin,
Atlantis, etc.

So...in the opinion of yours, what artists went more distant in the frontier
of the Disney style in the time of his/her production? (For example, today
Cavazanno's art aren't impressive today as it was in the 70's and 80's,
'cause lot's of drawers try to do exactily the SAME style.)

Remeber, talking in graphic terms, of Design and graphism. :-)

I think it's an marvelous point of discussion! And I'm sure you'll help me
to develop an better look on that subject to my monography!

Fernando!
(someone with an "under stress" Disney style to comics! ;-)