Mouseton and Mickey's appeal

sgarciab@soluziona.com sgarciab at soluziona.com
Mon Dec 16 10:54:52 CET 2002

  Dim I Nticoudis:

  >>supports himself.Sometimes ,like Sigvald pointed out, he seems to be in
an eternal vacation, not having a care in the world and even denying to
receive awards.I just can't stand those stories.

  I think that may not be the reason why Mickey should't be popular,
because it's the same scheme as Hergè's Tintin: Almost never works, not a
knowkn job neither family at all. And anyway this character has become
wordly popular (All right: I won't compare Tintin's plots quality with
Mickey's shorts).

  >>And oftenly his adventures are based on accidental happenings rather
than planned action.Scrooge and his people go out looking for adventure.In
some stories at least we can see them plan ahead.In Mickey's case it seems
just to be his luck [...] And lastly I don't mind O'Hara asking for his
help in some cases but not in any case!In some movies he just seem to be
doing all police work by himself.

  And yet another comparation: this scheme has been taken literally from
Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes: Almost all his stories begin with Holmes
(Mickey) and Watson (Goofy) stading around his office and some client -or
even some police inspector like Lestrade (O'Hara)- rushes in to ask them
for help in some strange case. At the end, as you say, Holmes does all the
work and the police has just to come in at the end to catch the criminal.

  But it happens that I like Tintin, and I like very much Holmes, and I
suppose that's the reason I like Mickey. I just wonder where did he get all
his policial-physical-chemical-psichological knowledge (maybe he used to
read Conan Doyle ;-)

  Santiago.