AW: Indexes ?

Cord Wiljes cord at wiljes.de
Tue Dec 31 13:27:30 CET 2002

Anders wrote:
> And then again - do any of you germans know if it's available
anywhere?

"Who's Who in Entenhausen" has been published in Germany by Egmont/Ehapa
in 1997 is still in print. For example it can be ordered here:
HC: http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/3770420616/buchinfo
SC: http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/377040260X/buchinfo

Thr book contains a pretty complete encyclopaedia of all (and only)
Barks' characters. Each character's entry has a short description, a b/w
image and the English name as well as the German one. There is no
translation of this book, as far as I know.

The book has two companion volumes by the same author (Johnny A. Grote):

Carl Barks Werkverzeichnis der Comics: A bibliography of all Barks' Duck
comics
HC: http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/3770418964/buchinfo
SC: http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/3770418980/buchinfo

Der Stammbaum der Ducks: A genealogy of he McDuck clan complete with
ancestor tree poster
HC: http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/3770402995/buchinfo
SC: http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/3770403002/buchinfo

All three books are very reliable. Johnny Grote is a member of the
D.O.N.A.L.D. (http://www.donald.org) and based his work on the help of
several other German Duck experts (Patrick Bahners, Andreas Platthaus,
Klaus Spillmann)

Best wishes,
Cord

I have seen an index entitled "Who's Who in Entenhausen (Duckburg)"
printed
in 1995 in German. It had about 1500 entries on characters who have been
in
a story, I only had the time to skim it, but I think that it were only
Barks
characters ?

Does anybody know similar indexes like those, maybe the index has a
more-or-less copy of this one in English ?

Happy new years!

/Mads :-)