half off-topic: Astrid Lindgren

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Mon Feb 4 18:45:20 CET 2002

Nils:

> Since the date looks special today (02-02-02 to some
> of you, ...)

Our royal family chose to make this date special to them (and to 87% of the
Dutch people): crown prince Willem-Alexander got married to the daughter of
a former member of the Argentinan junta. (Maybe that beats marrying the
mother of a child of a drug dealer...)

I belong to the 13% that don't care about royalty. So I went to Belgium
(Mechelen), to meet a Disney comics fan there. His name is... Willem
Alexander.

[Astrid Lindgren 1907--2002]
> I even refuse to define or label this as "fully off-topic"

Mrs. Lindgren's stories were published in the Dutch "Donald Duck" weekly for
years. So mentioning her is even less off-topic.
Besides, I think she was the Scandinavian equivalent of Lewis Caroll.

--Harry.
Harry Fluks, Leidschendam, The Netherlands
"Wie ben ik? Wat doe ik hier? Waar is mijn Roddelflop?"