Gort, Klattu birada nikto

Cord Wiljes cord.wiljes at post.uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Feb 3 15:18:55 CET 2002

>> Don Rosa: Gort, Klattu birada nikto. Squa tront!
> Olaf Solstrand: Does these words have a meaning that the part of the list
which don't understand ... (finnish?) should know? What on earth does it
mean?

Well, I surely don't know, what it does mean "on earth", but on a distant
planet, home of the space traveller Klaatu from the classic Science Fiction
movie "The Day the Earth Stood Still" I grok it has to have some meaning
like "Gort, wait until I come back!" (Gort was a robot)

And, BTW, the correct phonetical translation from Klaatu's language is
"Gort, Klaatu barata niktu!" (In case you want to start a full text search
in the internet for more info on the classical phrase)

Cord