DCML digest #829

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Thu Feb 7 14:39:53 CET 2002

From: "Jacob Berget" <jacobberget at hotmail.com>
>>>Can anybody tell me something anout the story, that Don Rosa have drawn =
because og Gyro's 50-years birthday?
And, when will it be published?

Maybe I can help with that.
I don't want to tell you the whole plot -- it's a sequel to "Christmas for
Shacktown" as well as a 50th anniversary also for that story (which appeared
dated Jan-Feb 1952, just before Gyro's first appearance), and also acts as a
50th anniversary for the first use of Cornelius Coot by utilizing the famous
giant statue that appeared in March 1952. Norway has asked me for a sequel
to "Shacktown" since I first went to work for Egmont in 1990 -- a story to
explain how $crooge got his money up out of that deep cavern. So, it seemed
to me that an obvious first job for Gyro, as he made his debut just a few
months later, was to find a way to rescue $crooge's $ as his "first
invention". When the story will appear I never know, but I guess it will be
sometime in a May issue as that's the 50th anniversary mark.

From: "Fluks, H.W." <H.W.Fluks at kpn.com>
>>>Your first "iglou" e-mail was sent on Wed, 15 Mar 95 01:15 EST. Before
that,
we had one other "iglou" member on DCML.
Next question please.

Okay, Mr. Wizard (another 1950's-1960's TV answer man), are you saying there
was a ML member before me who was *also* here in Louisville? Or do you mean
he was an eskimo? Did he ever give his name?! What was his address?