Disney Hachette Presse & Picsou

François Willot willot.francois at ec-lille.fr
Mon Feb 11 17:15:03 CET 2002

>From: jlbovet <jlbovet at hotmail.com>
>>Does anyone here know an editor from there?
>Not me, but perhaps Francois Willot knows an editor?

I used to be in contact with some of them. Pascal Pierrey is the editor of
Picsou and the Journal de Mickey, and Jean-Luc Cochet is responsible for the
new story produced in France. If you have questions, I think they are two
persons you can contact.

>If I remember well, as the redactor changed, Don Rosa have lost the contact
>with the Picsou Magazine team, so no more pin-up drawing and great
articles.
>I think that the quality of Picsou is now very low, is it worth buying only
>if there is a new unpublished story.

I don't find that much have changed in the latest months. The pin-ups
disapeared, there were two good issues recently, one with unpublished
stories (the 7 dwarfs by Scarpa, and early USA comics), for Disney's
birthday, and a collector issue for Picsou's 30th birthday, with Italian
Almanacco di Topolino stories. I'm not much interested by Rosa and Barks,
but I understand these comics are interesting if you have never read them
before.

I agree that Super Picsou Géant really is the best available in France. It
only contains comics, and from time to time, very good early Italian comics,
some of them unpublished before!

  Francois
http://mailotron.free.fr/covers/indexen.php