Sequel to Snow White?!

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Fri Feb 15 07:50:34 CET 2002

TIMO:

> It wasn't just this one. Disney have done video sequels already for Lady and
> the Tramp, Huncback, Peter Pan and others.

Again, I ask, why single out the Snow White sequel for our wrath? If
we are to object to video sequels, we should do for all of them (e.g.,
by not buying them), rather than signing a petition to stop the release
of a particular video.

> My opinion was that these were ment to be "one shot" cases. They are not
> TV-series, comics or something like that. Comic books I can accept, it's
> serial form.

I'm not sure why you object to one-shots, while you don't mind serial
form. What's good about the continuing stooooory (to borrow a phrase from
the Muppet show) of, say, Snow White, and why would a one-shot story
be bad? Besides, those comic book stories didn't have any continuity,
so you might say that they were all one-shots.

> What's the correct term now for short person?

Growth hormone deficient person?

> And a lady living with seven men in one household...

Not to mention seven men living all alone in the woods in the same
household.  Disney should really be ashamed of themselves!

Actually, a lady living with seven men in one household could be their
mother, or some kind of foster mother, as Snow White was clearly portrayed
in the film. Even the dwarfs were portrayed as children rather than as
grown men.

I wonder if in the new movie they'll take political correctness to its
limit, making a couple of the dwarfs black, even though they weren't in
the original. If I'm not mistaken, Gladstone (or was it Disney?) had
done this for some of the background characters in their comics, even
though Barks had drawn his stories for a market that pretended that
black people did not exist.

	Kriton	(e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
	      	(WWW:    http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis)
-----
"The important systems are functioning.  Oxygen, power and the laws of
 physics are still in evidence.  Mostly."
-----