which Donald Duck story is this?

Lunnan & Hjort brit.lunnan at chello.no
Mon Feb 18 10:53:28 CET 2002

I need a precise reference to the following Duck story:
Donald practices amateur magic tricks, with rabbits
out of hats and so on, and aims at passing certain tests
in the presence of a "master" in order to become a
member of the appopriate club of magicians. Various
tricks misfire etc. I recall well the role played in the
story by the "master", whose ears become flapping red
by the sheer embarrassment of amateur mistakes in
general and Donald's in particular.

So, which story? It might be from around 1964, and
it might be Strobl. I rely on the joint expertise of this list...
Thanks; Nils Lid Hjort.