DCML digest, Vol 1 #842 - 7 msgs

Shad Z. shadz at email.com
Fri Feb 22 07:41:03 CET 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: Kriton Kyrimis <kyrimis at cti.gr>

> > like the dwarfs in "Lord of the Rings"
>
> These people were actually "dwarves".  Perhaps Peter Jackson will film
> "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves" as a sequel to both "The Lord of the
> Rings" and "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs"!

I know you are joking, but I just wanted to point out that
'dwarfs' and 'dwarves' are just two different ways of
pluralizing the word 'dwarf' in English. Both are
considered 'proper English,' although I think most scholars
prefer 'dwarves' over 'dwarfs.'
--

Shad Z.                      ^Q^
(ShadZ at rocketmail.com,ShadZ at email.com,Jackalope7 at go.com)