DCML digest, Vol 1 #845 - 10 msgs

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Sat Feb 23 14:23:15 CET 2002

This message appeared (at least to me) inside a jumble of computerese, so
before I reply, I'll need to sift it out of the rubble.

From: "Madame Jennifer Inantaz" <madame82 at hotmail.com>
just had to....
I noticed in W.H.A.D.A.L.O.T.T.A.J.A.R.G.O.N., Scrooge telling Donald about
if the nephews were sent to him instead. But he says "If my
granddaughter".....
We all know Huey, Dewey and Louie's mother is Scrooges NIECE!
Now is it a: 1)mistake (which would really come to gigantic shock to
me), 2) the seizure + salts made him groggy, 3) he forgot to take his memory
pills

It was 4) an error appeared in the official typed-up script from Egmont that
no one ever spotted anywhere along the lines of proofreaders, editors,
translators or letterers. Yes, it should, of course, say "niece"! The sad
thing is that such errors occur in the "official" scripts sometimes, and I
tell Egmont that they need to fix the error so future uses of the story
around the world will not contain the same fubar... but Egmont's system is
such that they cannot correct scripts (they will not so they say they
"cannot") once they are filed away. So throughout eternity, whenever this
story is used anywhere on earth, $crooge will forever refer to his
"granddaughter".