Euroes in the bin

Anders Christian Sivebaek acsive at mail.mira.dk
Sat Jan 5 13:41:26 CET 2002

HAARY in 789

>To make this mail a bit on-topic: Scrooge McDuck has changed all his
money
>from guilders to euros, in this week's Dutch weekly. Except a small
portion
>that stayed in guilders, so Scrooge still has his favourite money
smell when
>he swims in his money. (A smart move: now the editors can always
explain
>stories where Scrooge talks about old currency...)
Yes, that is a smart move, except the Scrooge I know would replace one
of the coins in the
bin with Euroes. But good that he's allowed to keep eg. the
Geluksdubbeltje (first dime).
But he will be sorry to part with all the other coins - as he knows
them all as friends - even
if they were originally Dollars (but that's the dutch way, to have them
in guilders, the dansih
publisher does that too).

WE dicussed this a bit on the duckhunt-mallist - I'll make a summary
here if wanted. -
we came up to thinking that the ducth publisher thinks more of their
readers than of
the fans. And after all, shouldn't they do exactly that?

A. C. Sivebaek
acsive at mail.mira.dk