Scrooge's Counterfeit Money -- DCML digest, Vol 1 #792 - 10 msgs

HorizonHse@aol.com HorizonHse at aol.com
Wed Jan 9 01:36:15 CET 2002

Hi, all.

When I was in college, I worked as a receiving teller for a bank in
California. We took only deposits from large accounts that were brought in by
armored truck.

We hand counted and checked each piece of currency to be sure it wasn't
counterfeit. If we found a counterfeit bill, we deducted the amount from the
deposit and then sent the bill on to the Federal Reserve Bank.

If  we had missed the counterfeit bill and the FRB had caught it, we would
have been out the face amount of the fake, so we were very careful to inspect
each bill to be sure it was genuine.

I'm sure Scrooge or someone on his staff earning 30 cents an hour does the
same thing.

I seem to remember that Scrooge has money from all the nations in which he
has done business. Given his frequent money swims and burrowing in the money
bin, it makes sense that different currencies would show up on top at
different times. Depending on where he took his swim and how far down he
burrowed, sometimes guilders would show up on top, sometimes, marks,
sometimes francs, sometimes baloonian rupees.

Regards