counterfeit / money in money bin / writers and drawers

Olaf Solstrand harryklein at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 10 21:32:55 CET 2002

Hi, and Happy New Year! I haven't been on the Internet for a while now, so
I've just read through the last discussions very fast... but, let's try to
get into the debate again...

----------
Can someone explain the meaning of the word "counterfeit"?
----------
Through all times, we've read about money in the Money Bin in our own
currencies. As a Norwegian, I've read lots of stories where the money in the
Bin are kroner. But, here's some thoughts:
- The Scrooge _I_ know lives in USA, _not_ in Norway, Denmark or Holland, so
his daily currency must be dollars.
- BUT: As most of the coins in the bin have affection value for Scrooge,
they are probably of the value from the country he got them in. And, as
Scrooge travelled all over the world and visited all the continents, he has
probably all kinds of currencies there... So, I believe that much of it is
dollars, but that he also has lots of other currencies there, depending on
where he earned the money...
How many story writers draws their own stories? I've tried to count, and
found not many... Carl Barks (unfortunately dead), Don Rosa, William van
Horn, Marco Rota, Kari Korhonen, Romano Scarpa, Daan Jippes, and I also
believe I've seen such a story written by Cesar Ferioli. Are there more?

-olaf-
www.andebyonline.com