Euro and Duck-universe

Apostolis Trikourakis komixgreekpage at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 16 02:47:18 CET 2002

Hi all and happy new year

[I was off-line for more than a month...]

Nice topic we have! Scrooge's home and Euro...

Well, in my duckworld Scrooge lives
in the United States of America. But if some artists
prefer to put the ducks in their countries, insteed of
USA, that's ok. I don't care so much about that. I
love both American and European stories.

As for Euro: In Greece, Duckburg is situated in
Calisota, USA. And Scrooge is using dollars insteed of
Drachmas (greek currency, which after 2000 years of
history will be lost, since it's Europe's oldest
currency) or Euros. So no problem here. As for the
sign of the Money Bin, in Greece the editors put
dollar's mark [$].

Some interesting info:
1) The words Euro (and Europe) are greek (as you may
already know). "Europe" is related to the greek
mythology. I don't remember the story very well but I
think she's a godness. In the back view of the Greek
2-euro coin, Europe is being kidnapped (again, I don't
remember the story, sorry).
2) Denmark will soon get to the Eurozone (next year).
Anders, I'll send you a few coins to prepare yourself
:-)
3) The Euro-sign {€) is also greek (from the greek
letter å) :-)

Best Wishes

=====
Apostolis Trikourakis, Athens, Greece