DCML digest #800

Tommi Perkola matope at uta.fi
Mon Jan 14 07:36:03 CET 2002

Don Rosa wrote:
> You know, I'm really unclear as to what your point is. Are you saying that
> you think I should change MY stories to reflect these errors? Or are you

No.

> just explaining why you don't like the way I do it (which is fine)?
Yes.

> You don't seem to get it. Dan can't do that. I can't do that. Those stories
> are not and have never been available to us even if we could read all the
> different languages involved. And when a miniscule fraction of those

Just learn some approppriate language, like Italian, German, French etc.
In Europe it is not uncommon to at least understand three foreign
languages. The pocket books cost in the second-hand shops about 2 e
piece, and the shipping shouldn't cost too much either. Besides, while
many think you're even better than Barks, probably your fans would be
honoured to send you their extra copies for free.

--
http://www.tampere.fi/ytoteto/viisto_kuvat/jpg/21027.jpg