Languages

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Wed Jan 16 13:41:35 CET 2002

Kriton:

> HARRY:
>
> > I've considered learning the basics of Italian just to read the
> > untranslated topolino-stories.

That's not me you're quoting.

I do know the basics of Italian, because I had 6 years of Latin, and because
I read several Italian Disney comics.
Still, my Italian is not good enough to read an article *about* comics.
Reading a comic is much easier, since the pictures already show half of the
story.

> The hardest part is trying to locate
> Italian stories in the INDUCKS.

For that reason, we are also trying to add English descriptions to every
story in INDUCKS (but that process takes a lot of time).
In the example you give, you would have found the story (I AT   80-A) when
searching for:

il piffero ladrincantatore
trappola dei Bassotti
Die Zauberpfeife